Santa Maria de Taüll
From 10.00 to 19.00 (July and August until 20.00)
Opening: Daily except Desember the 25th and January the 1st.
How to get there
The church is in the middle of the village of Taull. Better park in the parking at the entrance of Taüll.
The church of Santa Maria de Taüll was consecrated on the 11th of December 1123, one day afterSant Climent, showing the extent of the funds provided by the lords of Erill to the Vall de Boí at the beginning of the 12th century.
Located in the middle of the village, this is the only church in the valley that seems to have resulted in houses being built around it.
Like those in the rest of the Vall de Boí, most of the mural paintings inside the church were removed and taken to Barcelona between 1919 and 1923. The church currently has a reproduction from the central apse , presided over by a scene from the Epiphany , with Baby Jesus sitting on the lap of the Virgin Mary and the Three Wise Men offering their gifts.